Category: Permanent residence permit in Poland



We offer you professional immigration advisory regarding your operations as a foreigner in Poland.
We’re experts in delivering support with procedures around obtaining permission to cross the border (visa) in connection with conducting business in Poland and the legalization of a stay in Poland on the basis of business activity (residence permit).

These are obviously not all matters from the immigration law domain which we support our customers with.
As a foreigner, you can count on a professional legal assistance around topics as, i.e.:

– Legal Requirements for a Residence Permit in Poland,
– Legal Requirements for Obtaining a Work Permit in Poland,
– Obtaining Visa for Poland,
– Immigration Legislation in Poland,
– Civil Law in Poland,
– Marriage Registration in Poland,
– Family Law in Poland,
– Divorce in Poland.


RESIDENCE PERMIT IN POLAND – get a residence cardΒ 

If you are interested in running a business in Poland and if youΒ come from outside the European Union – you probably would like to legalize your stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland.

Polish residence permit gives you the right to move freely in the Schengen zone. With a residence card you will be able to live and conduct business in Poland legally.Β 

The general list of documents that should be gathered:

– 3 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit completed in accordance with the instructions,
– 4 recent colour photographs, undamaged, size 45×35 mm, made in the last six months on a plain white background, with good focus, clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders; the face should occupy 70-80% of the photograph; the photograph should show the person looking straight ahead with their eyes open, not covered by hair, with a natural facial expression and mouth closed.

Foreigners with congenital or acquired vision defects may attach a photograph showing them wearing glasses with dark lenses. In such a case, the application must be accompanied by evidence of disability, and in its absence, the foreigner’s statement of having a disability.

Foreigners wearing a headdress in accordance with the principles of their religion may attach a photograph in the headdress, as long as the face is fully visible. In this case, the application must be accompanied by the foreigner’s statement of belonging to a religious community.

– A valid travel document (2 photocopies),
– Documents confirming possession of a stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the costs of living for the alien and the supported members of the alien’s family (e.g. employment contract, order contract, contract for specific work) – use a calculator,
– Documents confirming having health insurance or coverage by the insurer of the cost of treatment in Poland,
– Documents confirming the fact of living in Poland, for example, lease agreement, lending contract, confirmation of registered address, certificate (booking) from the hotel,
– Tax return, e.g. a personal income tax return, submitted to the tax office,
– Certificate of having no tax arrears,
– Certificate of having no corporate tax arrears,
– Articles of association,
– Company’s balance sheet, together with the current profit and loss account,
– Business questionnaire,
– Documents confirming the achievement in the tax year preceding the submission of the application of income not less than twelve times the average monthly wage in the third quarter of the year preceding the submission of the application, e.g. a corporate income tax return for the previous year along with proof of submitting to the tax office, accounting documents confirming the actual financial results of the company,


Documents confirming employment for full-time for an indefinite period of time for at least one year preceding the submission of the application of at least two employees who are Polish citizens or aliens referred to in Article 87 Section 1.1 – 1.9 of the 20 April 2004 Act on Employment Promotion and Labour Market Institutions (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2016, Item 645, 691), e.g. a company salary sheet, together with aggregated and individual social insurance declarations for the last month, a contract of employment, or

Documents confirming having funds to fulfil the conditions set out above in the future, or documents confirming conducting activities allowing to fulfil these conditions in the future, in particular contributing to the growth of investment, transfer of technology, introduction of beneficial innovation or job creation.

Documents should be written in Polish, translations of originals made by a sworn translator.
Originals of documents submitted must be presented for inspection.
Application forms should be fill in the Polish language, in capital letters.
A foreigner may be represented by a proxy on the basis of a written power of attorney.
A foreigner is obliged to collect the residence card in person.


ApplicantΒ can stay in Poland legally till the end of the process (obtaining a decision), what can last up to a few months.

Please feel free toΒ contact usΒ for individual consultation and get a custom offer.

We have a great experience in organization the whole process from the very beginning (obtaining a Visa to Poland) to the happy end (obtaining a residence permit in Poland).

polish residence card, residence permit in Poland