EUR 167 billion has been invested by foreign companies in Poland for the last 25 years.

Foreign direct investment in Poland over the past 25 years has been aboveΒ EUR 167 billion, on average, more than 6 billion euro is transferred to theΒ our country each year.Β These investments have contributed to the growth of consumer and investment demand, the emergence of modern technologies, the development of enterprises, the improvement of production processes and supply chains, the improvement of the productivity of companies and their employees, wage increases and the decline of unemployment and, consequently, GDP growth in Poland.Β 

Poland was an attractive place for investors even in times of crisis and there was no outflow of investment in 25 years.Β 

Germany was the largest foreign investor in 2015 (19.1% of total investment), followed by the USA (10.9%) and France (10.8%). Behind them were placed, among others. Great Britain (6.2%), Italy (5.7%) and Scandinavia (5.3%).Β The value of foreign direct investment (FDI) in Poland at the end of 2015 reached PLN 712.1 billion, or 39.6%. GDP. As a result, Poland ranks among the OECD countries in terms of FDI share in the economy – close to such countries as Norway, New Zealand and Spain.Β 

75%. Foreign investors’ assets in Poland (PLN 534.2 bn) are shares in capital, including reinvested profits. The remaining 25 percent. (177.9 billion) are investments in debt instruments such as commercial loans and loans.

Foreign companies invest in Poland mainly in industrial, financial and commercial companies. In 2015, nearly one third of foreign direct investment was located in the industry (over PLN 229 billion), of which the largest in the automotive and food processing industry (44 billion PLN) and further in the production of machinery and other metal products and in the petrochemical industry (PLN 41 billion).Β In the financial sector, investors invested PLN134bn and traded PLN108bn.Β However, most companies with foreign capital operate in the trade. fragmentation of the industry and establishment of subsidiaries, focusing on the sales of goods produced by foreign companies.Β The inflow of foreign investment also had socio-economic effects, among others. contributed to employment growth by 8.5%. and wage growth of 8.9%. At the same time, it translated into a decrease in income inequality by about 5%.Β 

Thanks to FDI, the state tax revenue in the years 1991-2015 increased by an average of 2.7%. The increase was mainly due to an increase in VAT revenue by an average of 7.3%, followed by CIT (4.7%) and PIT (1.7%). and social insurance contributions (by 1.6%).